What are the benefits of juicing? Let’s face it everyone wants to be healthy, but unfortunately, not everyone wants to do it the right way. Don’t expect to find the fountain of youth in a bottle, because if you are waiting for that, you’ll be waiting a mighty long time. So! Now that we have gotten that out of the way let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. There is a multitude of reasons as to why we should juice, but I will keep it real simple and name the top 3.
When a person is not feeling well for whatever the reason. We will all agree that something internally is off-kilter inside the body. The best way to combat this is to incorporate vegetable and fruit juice into a healthy daily routine diet.
Medical Benefits of Juicing:
- All sickness starts with an overload of mucus in the body, sometimes referred to as inflammation, thereby causing the body to become acidic and also causing toxic overload, leading to a lack of oxygen to the cells.
- If the colon is not eliminating correctly, there will be a backup of waste inside the body similar to that of a sewage system and this is not a good thing. But don’t lose faith, this can easily be remedied by changing your diet, which should include juicing, healthy eating and drinking clean spring water. By having a healthy colon this will allow all the other organs in the body to have optimal health and a great immune system.
- Fruit and vegetable juicing tend to keep most of their vitamins, enzymes, minerals and plant chemicals (phytonutrients). These nutrients help protect the colon, as well as helps with preventing and/or healing cardiovascular disease, and other various inflammatory diseases. Flavonoids and anthocyanins are plentiful in many fruits and vegetables and help protect against oxidative cellular damage.
Juicing Benefits the Skin:
- In order to have great looking skin, you must clean your liver. Ginger, kale, lemon, celery, parsley, watercress, cucumbers, strawberries and citrus fruits are a great place to start.
- Antioxidants will protect your skin from inflammation and the breakdown of collagen that leads to wrinkles and other signs of skin aging.
- Leafy greens have an incredible effect on your liver and will definitely help speed up the detoxification, whereby causing less stress on your skin. Fresh vegetable and fruit juices are full of potassium, calcium, magnesium, natural sodium and other minerals needed for proper liver function.
- Minerals also deliver a vast amount of trace minerals including iron (many females are anemic due to monthly cycle) selenium, manganese, copper, and zinc, which are all very important when seeking beautiful skin that is smooth and blemish free.
- A regular intake of vitamin C is extremely important when it comes to maintaining the connective collagen that helps keep skin soft and subtle. Over time, a deficiency of vitamin C can cause fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of accelerated skin aging.
- B vitamins also play their part in maintaining healthy skin and deficiencies in niacin and B6, in particular, can have a big impact on your skin’s appearance. Vegetable juice is usually a better way to get B vitamins than fruit based juices.
Benefits of Juicing for Weight Loss:
- One of the best reasons for juicing your vegetables and fruits is, it is easier to digest as opposed to eating them. When juicing, it goes right to the bloodstream and will provide multiple nutritional benefits to your body. If you were to consume the same amount in the form of raw vegetables it would take a lot more time and effort for you to digest. Juicing allows you to get the maximum amount of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in a single glass compared to eating the vegetables or juices.
- When you drink an entire glass of freshly made vegetable or green juice, you are actually feeding every cell in your body thereby allowing the detoxifying minerals and nutrients to do their job, you’re taking in the full benefits of juicing. You will also notice a reduction in cravings, particularly for sweets or processed foods, because now you are feeding your body what it needs. Your body will now stop sending messages to your brain that make you crave for particular foods with the minerals or vitamins that you were previously missing. And this will allow you to start to losing weight, most times very quickly.
If you are in the market for a great juicer, may I suggest the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer (Black and Chrome) or the Omega Juicers J8007S 5th Generation Nutrition Center HD Juicer, Silver/Black? Two excellent juicers, I personally have the Omega Juicer J8007S, and I am totally satisfied, money well spent. I would have purchased the Omega J8006, which is a little bit more pricey, but when you’re watching your pennies buy what it affordable right now, if you know what I am saying. The benefits of juicing is truly a great direction to go if you are serious about your health. Cheers!!